Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #78


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on! 

Title: The Chaos of Stars
Author: Kiersten White
Release Date: September 10th,  2013
Publisher: HarperTeen

Isadora’s family is seriously screwed up. 

Of course, as the human daughter of Egyptian gods, that pretty much comes with the territory. She’s also stuck with parents who barely notice her, and a house full of relatives who can’t be bothered to remember her name. After all, they are going to be around forever—and she’s a mere mortal. 

Isadora’s sick of living a life where she’s only worthy of a passing glance, and when she has the chance to move to San Diego with her brother, she jumps on it. But Isadora’s quickly finding that a “normal” life comes with plenty of its own epic complications—and that there’s no such thing as a clean break when it comes to family. Much as she wants to leave her past behind, she can’t shake the ominous dreams that foretell destruction for her entire family. When it turns out there may be truth in her nightmares, Isadora has to decide whether she can abandon her divine heritage after all.

Although I own Paranormalcy, I haven't read a single Kiersten White novel to date.   They're all on my wishlist, but for some reason I just haven't gotten around to it.  While The Chaos of Stars definitely sounds intriguing, I was most drawn to the pretty, pretty cover.  I'm not even ashamed to admit it.

What awesome title are you waiting for this Wednesday?

8 comments:

  1. I've read all of her first series and really enjoyed it. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what this new series brings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of her books either, but plan to one day.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I wanna read this one too! It sounds so good!


    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does sound good...I like the mythology aspect and the voice the way it shines through in the synopsis. I read White's Mind Games a while ago and wasn't too impressed, but Paranormalcy is on my shelf, too. I guess if I like that one, I'll pick this one up, too :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to read this one too :D

    -Dannielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who wouldn't be drawn to this cover? It's mesmerizing. I haven't read the Paranormalcy series, but I did enjoy Mind Games. I'm intrigued by the Egyptian mythology, too. Great pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been looking out for some of White's novels but haven't read any of them yet... This one seems verrry interesting though!

    My WoW: http://lalovelystories.wordpress.com/2013/05/01/waiting-on-wednesday11/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed the Paranormalcy series but this book took me a while to get into - I hope you enjoy it :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete