Thursday, May 2, 2013

April Wrap-Up and May TBR

April was a tough month to get through!  Although I didn't get to read as many books as I wanted to, I still read more than I thought I would.  My goal for May is to learn how to balance my reading and work, because most nights I'm too physically and emotionally exhausted to even think of picking up a book!  I'm hoping that once I get into the swing of things, it'll be easier to focus on both.

The books I managed to read in April:

-Mortality by Kellie Sheridan
-Nothing Can Possibly Go Wrong by Prudence Shen and Faith Erin Hicks
-The Boyfriend App by Katie Sise
-Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins
-Life After Theft by Aprilynne Pike
-Manicpixiedreamgirl by Tom Leveen
-Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham (review to come)

I would definitely recommend Wendy Higgins' Sweet trilogy.  I read Sweet Evil last year and absolutely loved it, so I couldn't wait to find out what happened next!  Sweet Peril did not disappoint.

The books I will definitely try to read in May (for review):



 



I went a little crazy and requested quite a few ebooks...I don't know what it is about Edelweiss, but everything just looks so appealing!  If I don't finish all of these, I'm going to step away from that website for a while.  No one quite realizes how dangerous it is until you're swamped with review books.  They add up quickly, especially when it's so easy to request them with just the click of a button.!

The books I hope to get to (list may change depending on mood):



I have it in my head that I'm going to be able to read The Selection and Unraveling before attending the Dark Days event next Wednesday, that way I won't feel as bad meeting each author without having read at least one of their books.  The way things have been going, I'll most likely just be able to finish The Selection before I go, in which case I'll just leave Unraveling for another time.  As for Eleanor & Park, I've decided that I'm willing to trade out one or two review books in order to read it, since I've been hearing incredible things about the story and its unusual characters.


I also posted some exciting news and a giveaway for a signed copy of any book by Kiera Cass, Aprilynne Pike, Elizabeth Norris, or Amy Tintera.  All you have to do is leave a question for one (or all) or the authors!  Giveaway ends on May 4th.

If you're in the US, you can enter to win a copy of Manicpixiedreamgirl courtesy of the author, Tom Leveen! 

2 comments:

  1. You read some cool books this past month... a lot of them that I want to read soon!! I'm reading S-Word right now. It's good, but definitely not going in the direction I want it to... I'll look out for your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar feeling for the month of April, I just didn't get enough read. But here's to a new month! :-)
    I read, and reviewed, The S-Word in the month of April. Let's just say it wasn't quite what I was expecting...
    Good luck with finding the balance in the month of May :-)

    ReplyDelete