Saturday, January 5, 2013

In My Mailbox #62

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren

I only got one book in the mail this week, so my boyfriend was sweet enough to take me to the book store to pick out a few more because he knows how happy they make me!


Review
-Blaze (or Love in the Time of Supervillains) by Laurie Boyle Crompton  
(ARC from Sourcebooks Fire)

Gifted
-Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
-The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge
-Goliath by Scott Westerfeld
(Finished copies from my boyfriend)

I chose The Iron Thorn because I won the second book near the end of last year and I've been eager to get started on the series.  Then Amy & Roger jumped out at me because I REALLY enjoyed Morgan Matson's latest release, Second Chance Summer.  Goliath is technically my boyfriend's book, but since Leviathan and Behemoth both live on my bookshelf, I'm claiming it at my own.  :P


Netgalley
-The S-Word by Chelsea Pitcher

I also got this from Netgalley!  Sounds like a pretty good contemporary to me!

Thanks for stopping by!  What have you received in your mailbox?

While you're here, enter my 1,000 follower giveaway to win a huge box of books or two 2013 pre-orders!  My New Year giveaway ends soon, so if you want to win 4 awesome YA ARCs, hurry and enter!

12 comments:

  1. I really want to read Amy and Roger's Epic Detour. Sadly, my parents aren't free these days to drive me to the local library.

    But i hope you have a very wonderful time reading them books! And at a peek of your shelf, I feel a bit jealous already. XP

    My STS: http://therandomranterer.blogspot.com/2013/01/stacking-shelves-2_5.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Blaze! Love the cover over of that book :D

    Happy Reading

    -Dannielle
    http://www.bookwhales.blogspot.com/2013/01/goddess-offerings-12-stacking-shelves.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard awesome things about Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, but I haven't gotten around to reading it myself. I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books. I haven't heard of these before, but they all sound interesting. Will have to check them out. Happy reading!

    Katie ~ My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, that's so sweet that your boyfriend took you to the bookstore to buy books! <3 But you did pick up some really fabulous books. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour is absolutely adorable, and I loved how it was a road trip book! Those always rock. Not only that, but Blaze looks really interesting as well. Same goes for The S Word! I can't wait to see what you think of that one.

    Fantastic haul Chey! Enjoy all your lovelies. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was pretty sweet of your boyfriend! And Amy & Roger is a really good book, so I hope you end up liking it. :) And The S Word - AHH. It looks so good. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic books this week. I really enjoyed Amy & Roger, but haven't read Second Change Summer yet. Hope you love them. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED Blaze! I'm excited to see more to the art inspired by the book. I hope you enjoy it and will be checking back for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books! I just recently discovered Blaze, and it sounds really interesting! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to start on the Leviathan series, i've heard that it's really great. I love Amy and Roger's Epic Detour and i hope you do as well! :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the cover of blaze. I read the s-word but i didn't like it very much, hope you enjoy it more than i did :)

    ReplyDelete