Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year and Wrapping Up 2012!

First of all, I want to thank you all for making this a great year for me, blogging-wise!  I'd like to share a few milestones I hit in 2012 because of everyone who continues to read the words I type.


At the beginning of the year, I hit 150 followers.  By the end, I have over 1,460!
In the spring of 2012, I celebrated my one year blogoversary.
I reached my goal of reading 100 books!  I actually read 104!
I received my first ARC for review (Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig) from HarperTeen.
I posted 238 times, which 102 times more than last year.

Here are the books I read and reviewed each month of 2012!

January:
-Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey (5 stars)
-The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams (4.5 stars)
-Try Not to Breathe by Jennifer R. Hubbard (4 stars)
-Everneath by Brody Ashton (5 stars)
-Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (5 stars)

February:
-New Girl by Paige Harbison (3.5 stars)
-Delirium by Lauren Oliver (5 stars)
-Pandemonuim by Lauren Oliver (5 stars)
-The Iron King by Julie Kagawa (4 stars)

-Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler (4 stars)
-Past Perfect by Leila Sales (4 stars)
-Don't Breathe a Word by Holly Cupala (5 stars)
-Friends With Boys by Faith Erin Hicks (5 stars)
-Ditched: A Love Story by Robin Mellom (4 stars)

March:
-The Humming Room by Ellen Potter (4 stars)
-Illuminate by Aimee Agresti (4 stars)
-Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig (5 stars)
-The List by Siobhan Vivian (3.5 stars)
-Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg (5 stars)

April:
-Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler (2 stars)
-Zero by Tom Leveen (5 stars)
-Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross (5 stars)
-Embrace by Jessica Shirvington (4 stars)
-Fateful by Claudia Gray (5 stars)
-When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle (4 stars)
-Entangled by Nikki Jefford (5 stars)
-Night Sky by Jolene B. Perry (4 stars)
-Die For Me by Amy Plum (5 stars)
-Enchanted by Alethea Kontis (4.5 stars)

May:
-Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake (5 stars)
-Revived by Cat Patrick (5 stars)
-Wither by Lauren DeStefano (4 stars)
-Fever by Lauren DeStefano (4 stars)
-Spectral by Shannon Duffy (3 stars)
-Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (5 stars)
-Arise by Tara Hudson (4 stars)
-In Honor by Jessi Kirby (4.5 stars)
-Duplicity by Nikki Jefford (5 stars)

June:
-Unbreak My Heart by Melissa Walker (5 stars)
-Beauty Queens by Libba Bray (4 stars)
-Moonglass by Jessi Kirby (4 stars)
-Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler (4.5 stars)
-Reunited by Hilary Weisman Graham (4 stars)
-The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han (5 stars)
-One Moment by Kristina McBride (4 stars)
-Purity by Jackson Pearce (4.5 stars)
-The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen (3.5 stars)
-Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (5 stars)
-Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer (4 stars)
-The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle (5 stars)
-Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson (5 stars)
-Dark Companion by Marta Acosta (2.5 stars)

July:
-Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins (5 stars)
-Perfect Escape by Jennifer Brown (3.5 stars)
-Knee Deep by Jolene Perry (4 stars)
-Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson (5 stars)
-The Unquiet by Jeannine Garsee (3.5 stars)
-Until I Die by Amy Plum (5 stars)
-A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger (5 stars)
-Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown (4.5 stars)
-Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry (5 stars)

August:
-Wake by Amanda Hocking (4 stars)
-Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake (5 stars)
-Glitch by Heather Anastasiu (4 stars)
-My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick (5 stars)
-Over You by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus (4 stars)
-This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers (5 stars)
-Speechless by Hannah Harrington (5 stars)
-Beautiful Lies by Jessica Warman (5 stars)
-Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard (4.5 stars)
-Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock (3.5 stars)

September:
-Dark Light by Sara Walsh (4 stars)
-34 Pieces of You by Carmen Rodrigues (3 stars)
-Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter (4.5 stars)
-If I Stay by Gayle Forman (4 stars)
-The Blemished by Sarah Dalton (4 stars)
-Entice by Jessica Shirvington (4 stars)
-The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (5 stars)
-Saving June by Hannah Harrington (5 stars)
-Eve by Anna Carey (5 stars)

October:
-Every Day by David Levithan (5 stars)
-The Suburban Strange by Nathan Kotecki (2 stars)
-Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin (5 stars)
-Who I Kissed by Janet Gurtler (4 stars)
-Velveteen by Daniel Marks (2.5 stars)
-Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally (5 stars)
-The Elementals by Francesca Lia Block (5 stars)
-The Girls' Ghost Hunting Guide by Stacey Graham (5 stars)
-Blind Spot by Laura Ellen (4 stars)
-Possess by Gretchen McNiel (4 stars)
-Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft by Jody Gehrman (4 stars)
-Frost by Marianna Baer (3.5 stars)

November:
-Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor (5 stars)
-Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian (5 stars)
-Girl Meets Boy edited by Kelly Milner Halls (3 stars)
-The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (5 stars)
-Slide by Jill Hathaway (4 stars)
-Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill (5 stars)
-Team Human by Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan (3.5 stars)

December:
-Reckoning by Molly M. Hall (3.5 stars)
-Crewel by Gennifer Albin (4 stars)
-Ten by Gretchen McNeil (3.5 stars)
-What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton (5 stars)
-Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter by Nikki Jefford (4 stars)

I hope you have all had a productive year, met some goals and enjoyed many books!  Have a great night, be safe, and I'll be back before midnight to post a new giveaway!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I'm trying to think of one post to talk about my year, and I want to list my favorites, or do a survey, but all the surveys seem long. This looks like a lot of work, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment! It took me quite a while to list each book, but then I realized that I could just copy my monthly wrap-ups! Haha. :)

      Delete