Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #26

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by, Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on!

Title: Ten
Author: Gretchen McNeil
Release Date: September 18th, 2012
Publisher: Balzer + Bray


It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school’s most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury. 


 But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine. 


 Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off the from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn’t scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?

Ahh, everything about this book sounds so creepy and perfect!  I can't wait to find out what happens to these typical teenage-horror-movie victims!

What awesome title are you waiting for this Wednesday?

By the way, if you live in the US and like winning boxes of books, enter my one year blogoversary giveaway!  Click here to try your luck!

17 comments:

  1. I can't wait to give this a try too. Great pick. My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ten.Three.One - There are some odds! lol I may need to check this one out. Thanks for sharing!

    Check out my Waiting on Wednesday :)
    Tabby @Insightful Minds & IM Design Studio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pick! Im really looking forward to this book.

    My WoW
    http://areaderintime.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES, fantastic pick! I've been waiting for this forever (how are we going to make it to September!?), I love how much it's reminiscent of And Then There Were None. And I can't believe Christopher Pike blurbed it, if that's not an official stamp of awesome I don't know what is!

    My WoW | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! It sounds so creepy but potentially great! I loved Gretchen's first book and this one just sounds as fab. Great pick :)

    Check out my WoW picks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still unsure about this one! I don't like scary things :/ Perhaps I'll wait until a few reviews are out and then decide!

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    Claire Reads WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds a lot like the Agatha Christie book "And Then There Were None". I'm still excited for it since it seems to be a very mysterious read ! :)
    Great pick !

    My WoW
    http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-21-valkyrie-rising.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love creepy horror-movie style stories, can't wait for this one!

    ComaCalm's WoW Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait, it looks like Lost. Coool! I'm in! I'm in! Thanks for sharing!

    My Waiting on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ten sounds so creepy! I can't wait to read it and I hope it's very scary :) Great pick!

    Kim @ A Dutchie on Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really dying to read this one. AWESOME PICK! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a good murder mystery! I can't wait for this one either! :)

    Here’s my WoW post! Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds very exciting, nice choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm waiting on this one as well. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. One word: intriguing! Also, it comes out in September so I feel like this one could totally get me in a fall-ish mood! Thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm super excited for this as well! Great choice!

    Mine: http://bookhavenextraordinaire.blogspot.com/2012/06/hyperventilating-on-wednesday-defiance.html

    Inky

    ReplyDelete
  17. EEEEEEEEEEEE! HOW GOOD DOES TEN LOOK?! Sounds so killer creepy, and I LOVE that cover!

    ReplyDelete